Amref Health Africa
Job Vacancy: Grants Officer
Job Vacancy: Amref/GF Malaria/GO/2018/05-02
- Project Manager
- Grants Manager – Technical Reporting
Department / Program / Project: HIV / TB / Malaria Program
Physical Location: Nairobi
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org.
Amref has been a Non-state actor Principal Recipient (PR) for Global fund Malaria Grant since the year 2012.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) through the 2018 -2021 funding cycle will be supporting the country to implement high-impact initiatives that will maximise investments to make an even greater contribution towards the vision of a world free of malaria.
This funding will be supporting, among others, community-based malaria prevention and control interventions in priority counties through sub granting eleven (11) CSOs
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide leadership for the effective management of the grants in the Global Fund Malaria Project to ensure development of grant management systems, contract management, budgeting processes, mentoring & monitoring of grantees, compliance and reporting.
- Setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- Co-ordinate the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management.
- Review and finalize sub recipients budgets, prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance.
- Handle correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the Project Manager
- Receive and review periodic grants reports for all sub recipients, liquidate the eligible costs and take relevant action on the expenses rendered ineligible.
- Provide feedback to all Sub recipients on grants performance
- Assist in the preparation of ongoing progress update and disbursement request (PU/DR) and annual Enhanced Financial Report (EFR) as per Global Fund requirements.
- Provide technical support and supervise the sub recipients to ensure full compliance with the Global Fund requirements.
- Provide on-site mentorship to sub recipients and capacity development to them to plan, implement, monitor and report on grants awarded
- In liaison with Director ICT, supervise and guide the selected ICT Consultant in programming a Grants Management Information System (GMIS) for the project and ensure it is fully operating, providing the relevant grants reports and regularly updated
- Organize and facilitate training, workshops/seminars for the sub recipients, to facilitate understanding of the grants process, implementation, reporting and accounting.
- First degree in B-Commerce or its equivalent and CPA(K) or its equivalent
- Four (4) years relevant NGO work experience in CSOs grants management
- proven abilities in managing CSOs grants,
- proven capacity building and mentoring for grass-root CSOs, pre- funding assessment, contract design, compliance management, data analysis, budget and report review for CSOs.
- Networking and collaboration with GOK, NGOs, Managers, FBOs.
- Analytical, writing, and public speaking
- Training and mentoring others.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Budget management.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player,
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Demonstrate high integrity.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter before May 18, 2018 to email@example.com with the subject line: REF: Amref/GF Malaria/GO/2018/05-02.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.