Amref Health Africa
Job Vacancy: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job Ref: Amref/GF Malaria/2018/05-01
Reporting To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer –
Department / Program / Project: HIV / TB / Malaria Program
Physical Location: Nairobi
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org.
Amref has been a Non-state actor Principal Recipient (PR) for Global fund Malaria Grant since the year 2012. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) through the 2018 -2021 funding cycle will be supporting the country to implement high-impact initiatives that will maximise investments to make an even greater contribution towards the vision of a world free of malaria.
This funding will be supporting, among others, community-based malaria prevention and control interventions in priority counties through sub granting eleven (11) CSOs
Main Purpose of the Job: The main purpose of this position is to contribute to the strengthening of the existing M&E systems in the project and develop a unified system of data collection for M&E that is provided to Sub recipients (SRs) in order to ensure consistency and comparability of data for proper tracking of results
Main Responsibilities (Key Areas and Activities):
M&E System Strengthening
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E systems in the project and AMREF Kenya Country Office.
- Participate in the preparation of work plans, budgets, M&E plans and performance frameworks for the project.
- Participate in monitoring the implementation of project activities to ensure conformance to project objectives, work plans, budget and expected results.
Reporting and Documentation
- Taking lead in data capture and reporting using monitoring tools to track project indicators as per the performance framework Including updating Global Fund PUDR (Progress update and disbursement request) per semester
- Providing technical input in the review of SRs reports and participate in field assessments including onsite data verification (OSDV
- Develop and maintain databases back up and filing systems for projects data
- Participate in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual programmatic performance reports.
- Support project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learnt and best practices.
Quality Assurance for M&E, Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Ensure quality management of Malaria related data through execution of regular data quality audits and onsite verification exercises.
- Capacity building of Sub Recipients (SRs) on Monitoring and Evaluation taking the approach of grant provision, organisational systems strengthening and performance based funding where SRs are funded based on performance on a monthly basis
Operations Research and continuous quality improvement
- Participate in operation research within the project and in other continuous quality improvement initiatives within the project
- Ensure program integration and growth by participating in meetings and conferences.
Education and knowledge
- The candidate should have a Degree in Social Science, Public Health or any other relevant Social Science discipline, with professional training in M&E.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience.
- Must be ICT proficient.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Analytical and attention to details
- Excellent computer skills
- Should have training and experience in M&E concepts and tools
- Experience in a busy health NGO will be an added advantage.
- Should have vast experience in project management and monitoring & evaluation.
- Must pay strong attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and produce reports on time and work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment;
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter before May 18, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: REF: Amref/GF Malaria/M&E/2018/05-01.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.