ANPPCAN is a child rights organization based in Nairobi and is looking for a Programme Coordinator to be in charge of its Anti Child Trafficking programme activities in Kenya; namely in Busia, Mandera, Marsabit and Nairobi.
Duties and responsibilities
- Overall in charge of the Anti- Child Trafficking Programme.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor Programme activities in Busia, Marsabit, Nairobi and Mandera, in consultation with Project Officer, and the Consortium Partners participating in the project.
- Provide technical support to Project Officer and the Consortium Partners
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of activities as outlined in the Project Implementation Plan.
- Work closely with stakeholders in the programme, such as Department of Children Services, the Ministry of Education and Teachers Service Commission.
- Ensure that programme reports to the donor and ANPPCAN are timely prepared as required.
- Develop costed work plans to the donor in consultation with the Programme Officer and Consortium Partners, yearly.
- Ensure that emerging child trafficking issues are identified and brought to the attention of key stakeholders and ANPPCAN for possible intervention.
- Participate in the management meetings of ANPPCAN.
- Collaborate and share learning experiences with the Project Officer, Consortium Partners and other staff members of ANPPCAN.
- Representing ANPPCAN in meetings when called upon.
- A University graduate in Social Sciences from a recognized University. Post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Professional experience of working on child rights sector as well as communities not less than 3 years.
- Experience of identifying capacity building gaps and working with partners, such as, Civil Society Organizations, Department of Children Services, Teachers Service Commission and Ministry of Education.
- Experience in delivering coaching, training and facilitation as appropriate to different situations.
- Ability to identify and establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders for the project at all levels of operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Self-driven with capacity to mobilize, motivate groups and build capacities.
- Must be 30 years old and above and possess a driving license.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and skills to mobilize resources.
- Computer literate with proven knowledge on use of several packages e.g. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Availability: 31st July, 2018
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may send their applications enclosing detailed CVs, names of three referees and daytime telephone contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reach us not later than 6th June, 2018.
N/B: This is a senior position which requires experiences and only short listed applicants shall be contacted.