ANPPCAN is a child rights organization based in Nairobi and is looking for a Programme Manager to be in charge of its Child Participation and Parents Economic Empowerment Programme based at the Regional Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall in charge of the Child Participation and Parents Economic Empowerment Programme.
- Planning and coordination of Child Participation and Parents Economic Empowerment Programme activities in 3 Sub-Counties, namely, Loitoktok, Teso South and Teso North.
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of field activities as outlined in the Programme.
- Work closely with schools in the programme (children, head teachers, teachers and parents), as well as, the Government Ministries in the 3 Sub-Counties.
Prepare timely programme reports to the donor and ANPPCAN as required.
- Develop a yearly grant proposal/application to the donor in consultation with the Regional Office Management.
- Identify issues of children at the Sub County level and bringing them to the attention of key stakeholders in the field and ANPPCAN for further intervention.
- Participate in the management meetings of ANPPCAN.
- Collaborate and share learning experiences with the Programme Officers and other staff members of ANPPCAN Regional.
- Represent ANPPCAN Regional in partnership meetings, when called upon.
- A University graduate in Social Sciences, in particular, Social Work from a recognized University. Post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Professional experience of working on child rights sector.
- Experience of working with communities in Kenya with training and capacity building.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people and different groups.
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and negotiate, as well as, provision of training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Self-driven with capacity to mobilize and work with minimum supervision
- Computer literate with proven knowledge on use of several packages e.g. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Must be 30 years old and above and possess a driving license.
Availability: 1st July, 2018
Salary: Negotiable, but based on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may send their applications enclosing detailed CVs, names of three referees and daytime telephone contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reach us not later than 31 May, 2018.
N/B: Only short listed applicants shall be contacted.