Vacancy – Internship Opportunity
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to engage an intern for an initial period of 6 months, to be attached to the Education and Youth Empowerment Unit (EYE).
The ideal person will be someone who is looking to develop a career in the field research in education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake literature reviews of key project areas of interest, including identifying data gaps, opportunities and priorities for action, as needed.
- Contribute to preparation of project dissemination materials such as reports and briefing papers.
- Participate in workshops, meetings, conferences and other project relevant activities, and report on the proceedings.
- Provide support in the day-to-day project management activities.
- Support the organization, implementation and follow-up of key project events such as workshops, meetings and webinars.
- Help with other project activities as requested by the project manager.
- Must have completed a masters degree program in a development related field such as economics, education, sociology, development studies or equivalent in the last six months.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Possess research skills such as undertaking literature reviews.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in use of Microsoft office packages.
- Precision and excellent analytical skills.
- A good understanding of the education context in Kenya and East Africa will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org by June 08, 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO
For more information about APHRC visit
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children