The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub- Saharan Africa.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
APHRC seeks to recruit APHRC seeks to recruit 10 Transcribers for a period of approximately two weeks.
Transcription and translation of qualitative interviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in a social science discipline;
- Previous experience in transcription and translation;
- Basic knowledge in computers specifically Microsoft Word,
- Typing speed of 60WPM and above.
- Can work under tight deadlines without supervision.
- Is self-disciplined to submit self-edited high quality work
- Good listening skills.
- Understands Kiswahili and English and is conversant with different accents
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contracts of three referees via email to email@example.com by close of business May 23, 2018.
Indicate on the email subject “Transcriber”
(APHRC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.