Vacant Position: Assistant Production Manager
The Organisation: Our client is an international organisation that develops and distributes food ingredients and has operating companies in more than 25 countries.
The business unit in Nairobi, is part of the parent company based in Europe
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the overall purpose of this role is to provide support to other departments or disciplines to include;
- Assist in supply chain (including purchasing, production planning and distribution planning)
- Production of our products and correct scaling of the recipes
- Assisting in warehousing and distribution (logistics) with clear view on logistics, FIFO system, Stock counting
- General maintenance of the production and warehouse
- SHE – safety, health and labour conditions and environment
- Responsible for the quality and performance of production staff and work schedules.
- Organize and manage the supply chain, production, logistics, and activities ensuring that these deliver the required output and live up to the world-wide organisation standards, as well as continuous improvements.
- Formulation of the annual Operations/R&D budget, investments, costs; and after approval implementation.
- Optimize and maintain efficient production lines as well as production, quality control, logistics and product development processes. Produce and deliver products at agreed upon levels; quality, time, costs, safety, stock levels etc. according to corporate standards.
- Realize a product portfolio (based upon the sales and marketing policy of the company and determined by sales and marketing department) that supports the planned growth and meets the requirements on product performance, costs and complexity.
- Realize an effective supply chain, with a smooth cooperation between the various disciplines.
- Realize good communication and cooperation between production, product development and sales.
- Monitor and safeguard the compliance of the department and its staff to the company’s and corporate business principles.
- Monitor and safeguarding the compliance of the company to applicable legislation.
- Participate in the international network of the organisation’s group of companies, share best practices and exchange of business information, work together with the corporate organisation’s departments, product development, quality, operations and process technology
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, Food or Chemical processes.
- 3-5 years’ work experience within food production/processing industry/organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of recipe scaling and food hygiene.
- Knowledge of local food and production legislation
- Knowledge of quality and production systems. (ISO, HACCP etc.)
- Result and quality oriented; take decisions and focus on the realization of the defined results and objectives.
How to Apply:
Send CV by email to: email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and an updated CV
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th May 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.