Job Title: HR Manager – Banking Industry
Job Purpose: To handle administrative tasks as it relates to recruitment and selection, salary and benefits administration, leave management, reward management, training and development, and health, safety and welfare program ensuring compliance to internal and local employment regulatory policies, procedures and practices.
1. Recruitment and Selection
- Coordinates advertising of vacant positions internally and with the local employment agencies and newspapers.
- Receives applications and lists applicants on a control sheet, setting out name, date the application was received and actions taken and submits the same to the finance and admin. Manager.
- Notifies and schedules successful applicants for interview and testing procedures.
- Administers tests and submits results to the finance manager for interpretation.
- Obtains references and conducts background check for successful applicant.
- Assists newly hired employee in accomplishing the personal data sheet, health insurance form.
- Prepares employment contracts ensuring that basic terms and conditions of employment are clearly defined in the document.
- Informs Finance and Administration Department of the terms and conditions of the employment contract to facilitate inclusion of new employees in the company payroll.
- Schedules induction of new employees and the new employee’s immediate superior who will run through the main points of the Employee Handbook and carry out a detailed induction, respectively.
- Provides new employees with a copy of the Employee Handbook.
2. HR Operations, Salary and Benefits Administration
- Maintains personnel files and ensures that files are up to date.
- Tracks and records absences, lateness, under time and overtime to ensure that appropriate deduction are applied.
- Maintains and updates leave taking records to ensure that staff take and are able to take the leave that is due to them.
- Prepares the appropriate documentation related to employee movement and change of status.
- Implements all Company-initiated and government-mandated benefits.
- Prepares employee benefit documents and other documents requested by the employee for external use.
- Prepares and submits to appropriate government agencies required forms for new employees.
- Prepares and submits on time required employee related reports in compliance to legal regulatory and statutory regulations (e.g. income tax, health, pension, etc).
- Processes maternity, sickness and loan benefits of employees with the appropriate agencies.
- Provides appropriate forms to employees upon request and acts as first point of contact of employee queries with regards to HR policies and procedures.
3. Training and Development
- Assist the HR Manager in disseminating training schedule and program to appropriate employees.
- Monitors the training expenses against the budget and submits reports to the finance and admin. Manager.
- Responsible for the registration and confirmation of attendance by participants.
- Follows up availability of resource persons and logistical requirements.
- Monitors attendance of training participants during the training period.
- Facilitates the preparation of certificates of attendance/completion.
- Designs post-training evaluation forms.
- Consolidates post-training evaluation results and prepares and submits evaluation report to the HR Manager.
- Assists in conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and development of appropriate training program.
- Assists in the delivery of products and services training and learning programs to employees.
- Prepares training materials and other logistical requirements.
- Coordinates with Administration Department regarding the availability and requirement for scheduled training activities.
- Drafts the training schedule and budget and submits the same to the Human Resource Manager for approval procedures.
- Develops and maintains own knowledge, expertise and professionalism.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in microfinance and banking industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends.
- Meets personal training and development needs through relevant HR related professional and commercial training and networking activities.
5. Board meeting logistics
- Supports the CEO in the preparation and board packet preparation for Board meetings.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of minutes and matters arising
- Bachelor’s degree OR Diploma from a reputable university or college
- Professional HR qualification from the Institute Of Human Resources Management
HR Experience and Training
- At least 4 years’ experience in human resource administration
- At least 1 year experience in organising training activities
- Knowledge of recruitment, employment practices, training and development, remuneration and benefits, pension and retirement plans, and employee relations
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th May 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted