Vacant Position: Barista
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client, a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Barista.
The Barista will be in charge of preparing hot or cold coffee-based drinks in coffee shops and in bars located inside restaurants.
The position requires familiarity with the necessary equipment, proper knowledge of company’s recipes as well as good interpersonal skills to offer clients the best coffee experience they can have in the area.
This involves preparing a variety of coffee-based beverages and tea following the company’s unique recipes and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet persons entering the café, ask about their preferences and recommend them the products/drinks which best suit them;
- Prepare and serve the drinks according to company’s recipe and/or client’s directions;
- Weigh and grind roasted beans coffee for clients;
- Preparing and serving light food and snacks;
- Creating stock displays
- Clean and sanitize the equipment, the working area and the sitting area in accordance with the current sanitary rules;
- Periodically check the equipment and ask for fixing or replacement when malfunctions are observed;
- Order and pay for supplies necessary for the drink preparation;
- Receive payment from clients for the products served;
- Keeping track of inventory and placing new orders;
- Wrap and label the products which are sold;
- Train new baristas for smooth accommodation and efficient collaboration.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Barista Certificate or any other related field from a recognized institution
- A good knowledge of coffee machines and related equipment is a plus and will be taken into consideration.
- Must have good knowledge of coffee types, blends and roasts
- Must understand what combinations that have the most chances of attracting the public in the area and know how to advice people when choosing their drink/coffee.
- Capable of cutting fruit into slices to be used as garnishes
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and monetary mathematics
- Be attentive to take and provide correct orders to customers
- Possess multitasking ability for getting several tasks done within a short period
- Must possess good communication skills, ability to interact with people and multi-tasking, so that clients will wait as little as possible for their perfect drink.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 11th May 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.