Vacant Position: Bartender
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Bartender.
The Bartender will be required to serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to clients.
The job holder will also be in charge of preparing some of the drinks that they serve, such as cocktails and, when no barista is around, coffee-based beverages and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pass “Responsible Service of Alcohol” test, with a score of 85% or better
- Welcome guests personally within 30 – 45 seconds of their arrival
- Communicate with guests with enthusiasm and make them feel appreciated through displayed actions
- Work in collaboration with other bar staff to keep the bar area cleaned; and stick to company’s standards at all times
- Responsible for mixing and serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes and procedures
- Receive cash payment from guests and give them change when appropriate
- Arrange glasses and bottles to maintain an attractive display in agreement with bar standards
- Sterilize and wash stemware when necessary
- Reach out to guests and offer assistance to them before they request for it
- Count drinks served to guests
- Place current bar tabs in front of guests all the time
- Anticipate guest’s needs and follow the “Half-full” rule when offering another drink
- Be at full alert to guest signals, such as when they are raising their hands or looking directly at you, for orders
- Endeavor to know regular guests by names, occupations, and favourite drinks
- Stop serving drunk guests and call for taxi when necessary.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bartending Certificate/License
- Must meet the state’s minimum serving age for alcoholic beverages
- Capable of mixing drinks according to the establishment’s specified recipes
- Capable of cutting fruit into slices to be used as garnishes
- Understand alcohol safety procedures to prevent over-intoxication
- Knowledge of basic bar terminology
- Able to properly handle intoxicated patrons according to the establishments set guidelines
- Understands state’s laws for required identification prior to serving alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and monetary mathematics
- Capable of standing for several hours at a time
- Be attentive to take and provide correct orders to customers
- Possess good dress sense for looking smart and attractive
- Possess multitasking ability for getting several tasks done with a short period
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 11th May 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.