Job Vacancy: Brand Engagement Manager (aka Get Things Done Manager)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Who we are: Watervale is transforming Kenya’s furniture industry to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Joining us combines the stability of a mid-sized company with the growth opportunity of a start-up.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- More than doubled in size each year, growing from a start-up to mid-sized company
- Reached hundreds of thousands of Kenyan homes with our products
- Supported the growth of over 200 micro and small businesses across the country
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
We’re now launching a consumer line of products under the Moko brand. Innovation, creativity, collaboration and care lead everything we do at Moko. Starting with a pioneering collection of mattresses and sofas, Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home.
What you’ll make happen
Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home. We have an ambitious development pipeline that spans mattresses to sofas with the goal of making our customers’ dream of leading a modern lifestyle a reality. We’re looking to add a Brand Engagement Manager aka Get Things Done Manager.
As the Get Things Done Manager, you’ll be responsible for running Moko’s day-to-day brand operations. You’ll be an excellent project manager who is able to joggle a variety of tasks under tight timelines.
You’ll put into use your knowledge of branding and marketing and you’ll push the day-to-day activities to see Moko’s brand vision become a reality for our customers. Finally, you’ll be excellent people manager, who can motivate and grow the team.
The job you dream of
- Under the direction of the Head of Brand and Product Development, lead the day-to-day implementation of the Moko work plan so that we can help our customers achieve the modern lifestyle they dream of
- Act as a liason to senior management and directors to keep them up to date about brand operations and projects implemented
- Coordinate and manage the weekly activities of the napstars, the marketing team that brings the Moko dream world to our customers
- Lead and coordinate the capacity planning and hiring strategy of the Napstar team and ensure their training in line with activities planned in the marketing calendar
- Create a high performance culture in the napstar team where KPIs are always met and decisions are taken based on data. Foster an environment where new ideas are brought up by team members
- In coordination with Head of Brand and Creative Director develop a training for the napstar team to ensure that the Moko story is told with a consistent voice and in an engaging way by our team
- Liaise with the Dreamliner delivery team so that to-the-door deliveries of mattresses happen on time. Coordinate with the operation team to manage an efficient use of resource and effective capacity planning
- Liaise with supermarkets, malls and other sites to ensure that we have all the approvals and permits necessary for a smooth set up and running of marketing activations
- Support the screening and recruitment of suppliers, contractors and other consultants necessary for the implementation of the work plan
- Manage the day-to-day coordination with suppliers, constructors (e.g. to build a sleeping station or showroom-in-a-container) and other consultants so that work is completed on time and with the level of quality expected
- Provide operational support to implement market research activities for the development of new marketing activities ideas and for the conception and design of the first Moko’s sofa collection!
Career growth: Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
As a dream candidate:
- You have experience (preferably 3 years) in sales and/or marketing and are talented in hiring and managing people
- You have a passion for training people and growing your team
- You are a go getter and enjoy figuring out what it takes to get things done on time in the most efficient way
- You are an exceptional project manager and able to come up with and execute a detailed plan
- You preferably have a creative side and can propose how marketing activation can be optimized and new ideas introduced
- You have a strong understanding of what a brand is and can work to ensure that the day-to-day operations of our team make our brand vision and spirit a daily reality for our customers
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making
- You pay extra attention to details in everything you do without losing sight of the big picture and the goals that we want to achieve
- You have the ability to convince people and negotiate partnership with suppliers and contractors
Visit www.watervale.co.ke/vacancies to apply