Brookside Africa Limited, a leading market player in the dairy sector, is seeking to recruit highly qualified, committed, motivated and experienced individuals for the following positions.
Our vision is to be the market leader in East and Central Africa for milk and milk products and be the benchmark in the industry in Africa.
Our operations are focused in the manufacture of safe quality milk and milk products.
General Manager – Technical
Reporting To: Director – Manufacturing
Job Objective: The General Manager-Technical will provide overall management and co-ordination of the Technical Department, which provides technical services to all divisions and departments in Brookside Dairy Limited.
He will ensure that the department provides cost effective, competitive, high quality engineering services to users. He will give strategic direction for the Department.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for the Technical Department
- Offer advisory services to Technical Managers on Technical related issues in liaison with the Manufacturing Director
- Ensure effective and efficient technical services are provided to the Factory and other departments
- Supervise all Managers in the Technical department and offer oversight role that include allocating responsibilities and ensuring all sectional KPls are set and met
- Overall performance monitoring and machine efficiency
- Offer general administrative services to all Technical sections to cover amongst others; staff management, management of contractors, performance appraisal reviews, cost management, infrastructure facilities etc.
- Ensure materials and spares are procured efficiently and effectively ¡n liaison with the Purchasing and Supply Chain Department
- Responsible for staff development in the department
- Ensure department budget is prepared and approved on time and carry out monthly and quarterly reviews
- Co-ordinate project activities
Minimum qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills
- Job Holder should hold a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering
- A holder of Masters Degree in Management will have added advantage
- Should have over 10 years practical experience in manufacturing concern
- Must have good management and leadership skills
- Excellent communications, analytical and trouble shooting skills
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your application together with a detailed curriculum vitae and contacts of three referees.
Apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday, 14th May 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.