Our client, Brown’s Food Company is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt. They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Head of Operations
Reporting to the Directors, the Head of Operations will be responsible for overseeing the production and distribution of a range of food products as well as ensuring the organization is running smoothly to meet the expectations and needs of the customers.
The incumbent will interface directly with executive leadership, customers, department managers, and third parties to drive profitable growth and continuous improvement of company processes.
This position will be based in Tigoni, Kiambu County.
- Monitoring and analyzing the current system of production, and working out a strategy for improvement
- Managing day-to-day activities from procurement through distribution
- Ensuring proper operations of the facility, optimizing for staff, production, and other resources
- Providing excellent leadership to managers and staff, with a focus on development and coaching
- Training and supervising new team members, tracking and measuring individual and team performance
- Working with executives to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Continuously improve best practices across the business with focus on quality and efficiency
- Leading an in-house Kaizen program
- Managing procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Reviewing financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
Key Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field
- Proven experience in Operations Management role for a minimum of five years
- Strong computer skills, ideally in-depth experience with ERP systems
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Expertise in continuous improvement, quality, process optimization (eg Kaizen, ISO 9000, TQM)
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Experience working with food in a commercial environment
- Excellent report writing skills, communication skills and problem solving skills as well as proven team leadership skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject HEAD OF OPERATIONS by COB 12th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.