Job Title: Business Development and Marketing Manager
Job Ref: BL30418
Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Sales Team
Job Purpose: Our client is a well-established Bakery and Confectionery Company located in Mombasa.
The business development manager works to improve the Bakery’s market position, achieve business and financial growth.
The function defines long term organization business objectives, build key customer relationship, identify business opportunities, negotiate, close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The position holder will have the following accountabilities;
- New Business development; Prospects for new clients/customers and turn this into increased business. Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographical area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, plan approaches and pitches.
- Engage with stakeholders and client for purposes of retention, growth and new business opportunities.
- Client retention; Present new products and enhance existing relationships. Work with production and other technical staff including internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefing
- Business development planning; Attend industry functions, events, conferences and provide feedback and information on markets.
- Maintaining, promoting and enhancing a positive corporate image of the organization
- Enhancing positive public relations
- Organizing official functions and events
- Implementing social responsibility policy
- Coordinating customer relation issues
- Facilitating and reviewing development of marketing and corporate affairs plans
- Development and implementation of corporate plans
- Monitoring the environment and advising management on possible market gaps
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards as part of competitive strategy
- Implementing and maintaining quality assurance process
- Relevant University Degree
- Relevant Professional Qualification
- At least five years’ experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
Job Related Skills
- Report writing skills
- Client engagement and partnership approach skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Emotional intelligence
- Team work
- High Integrity
- Good communication
- Self-drive and creativity
- Able to work under pressure and meeting strict deadline
Added advantages (knowledge and experience of the Kenya Coastal business and multi-cultural experience)
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews