Job Vacancies: Entrepreneurship Coordinators
Salary: 40,000 – 45,000/-
Flexibility A Must
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of this project is to assist 2,430 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
- Supporting the implementation of Entrepreneurship curriculum through regional coordinators.
- Train the facilitators on Entrepreneurship and other relevant modules in coordination with Entrepreneurship manager and regional coordinators.
- Networking with financial institutions and assisting students obtain funding.
- Communicate clearly and directly with Regional Coordinators concerning performance, expectation, productivity and accountability.
- Bringing connections with local financial institutions.
- In liaison with local banks undertake financial inclusions and bank account opening exercise for the students.
- Monitor and follow up groups formed for funding purposes after the training.
- Visiting all the existing and upcoming entrepreneurs from time to time.
- Providing any necessary support and guidance to the Entrepreneurship facilitators.
- Supervising Entrepreneurship facilitators in all the Centers.
- Assessing the business plans prepared by the students and recommending necessary changes that make the business plans competitive.
- Help in explaining the entrepreneurship component and how BEST model empowers the youth.
- Seeking partnerships that will help the youth to take up entrepreneurship.
- Organizing entrepreneurship events in liaison with center coordinators, facilitators, Centre coordinators, and regional coordinators
- Monitoring the entrepreneurship activities across all centers.
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Masters in project Management
- Degree in related field.
- Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Experience in donor funded projects
- Good Networking skills a must.
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to interact positively with management, and other employees, to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Leadership skills a must.
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in the related field.
- Must have passion working with young people.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Time management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV by applying by 18th May 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: CAP YEI does not charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.