Job Vacancy: Mobile Repair Facilitator
Location: Coast Region
Flexibility a Must
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenyawas established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of this project is to assist 2,430 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
To train students on;
1. Basics of Mobile Communication.
- Introduction to mobile phones, Generations of mobile phones, FHSS networks, GSM, Spread
- Spectrum, CDMA, TDMA & Basic electronics components.
- Use of tools & instruments used in mobile phone repairing.
- Handset Specific operating systems, Handset features & applications, working principle of mobile
- Handset & Components used in mobile handsets.
- Details of various components used in mobile phones.
- Tools & equipment used for repairing & maintenance of mobile handsets, types of power supply batteries, boosting a battery, troubleshooting basics.
- Basic parts of mobile phones (mic, speaker, buzzer, LCD, antenna, etc).
- Use of multimeter.
- Use of battery booster.
2. Basic Circuit Board / Motherboard Introduction.
- Assembling & disassembling of different types of mobile phones.
- Soldering & desoldering components using different soldering tools.
- BGA IC’s, Basics of Computer, Installation of software, Flashing, PC based diagnostic tools, mobile
- Sets formatting, used of secret codes.
- Names of different ICs.
- Work of different ICs.
- Working on SMD / BGA ICs and the PCB.
3. Fault finding & troubleshooting.
- Network problems, Power failure (dead), Mobile phone hardware troubleshooting (water damage,
- Hanging, charging & keypad problems), Handsets assembly& disassembly, Soldering & desoldering&SMD rework station.
4. Jumpering techniques and solutions.
- Troubleshooting through circuit diagrams.
- Repairing procedure for fixing different hardware and advanced faults.
- Mobile software, Data cable, Card reader, Mobile display, Remove/replace Component & Mobile phone hardware troubleshooting (Troubleshooting through circuit diagram, transmission, transmitter filter, microphone, reception, Antenna, RF power amplifier, local oscillator, Audio IC, Speaker, charger etc.).
- Use of secret codes
Academic and professional qualifications
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or any Hardware related filed
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Professional Electrical certificate would be added advantage
- Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Experience using precision tools and technology
- Experience using Software flashing, Unlocking, Data recovery.
- Mobile Phone repair experience would be an additional advantage
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in the related field.
- Must have passion working with young people.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Time management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV by applying by 18th May 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: CAPYEI does not charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.
Mobile Repair Facilitator
ICT and Technology
|Company / Organization||
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||