Archdiocese of Nyeri
Job Title: Livelihood & Emergency Programme Coordinator
Programme: Livelihood And Relief
Reports To: Development Coordinator
Purpose: To provide management, leadership and coordination functions of the Caritas Nyeri Livelihood (Agriculture and Livestock programme activities) and Relief and Rehabilitation programmes and projects.
The Programme Coordinator will ensure that all programmes and projects are approved, implemented, monitored, managed and evaluated in line with Caritas Nyeri programming procedures and in conjunction with the partner’s requirements, and in that activities are contributing to the achievement of Caritas Nyeri Strategic goals and objectives.
The programme focuses on technical support to communities in enhancing food security, management of productive and other natural resources, gainful occupation, relief and rehabilitation.
The Programme Coordinator will keep abreast with state of the art approaches and strategies in implementing the programme, staff capacity building and training and reporting
- To advise, support and guide programme staff and partners on technical issues, programme quality issues and Project Cycle Management so that work is carried out to the highest possible standard and in line with Caritas Nyeri and Partner’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all programmes and projects are approved, implemented, monitored, managed and evaluated in line with policies and project management system.
- To ensure that key organizational approaches such as partnership building, strengthening of community and parish structures and CBOs and policy/advocacy are optimized in programmes.
- Supporting and building the capacities of local institutions to broaden and strengthen production, processing, marketing and related aspects of livelihood activities and strategies to reduce local and household food insecurity, vulnerability and mitigate the impact of droughts and other food shocks in the communities where we work
- To maintain regular mechanism for ensuring sharing of information among staff teams and the Programme Management Team and ensuring a good team approach to the work.
- To collaborate with other programmes within Caritas Nyeri and the Archdiocese on issues of mutual importance e.g. administration, fundraising, communications, policy, advocacy, education.
- To develop key relationships and share information/learning with others working in Caritas Nyeri focus areas, particularly like minded NGOs, CSO’s, donors, UN and Government agencies.
- Manage and coordinate programme’s day to day activities. Document all project activities and maintain files of records relating to all the activities. Lead in the implementation, adapt, monitor and evaluate humanitarian food security and livelihood programmes to ensure responses are appropriate according to humanitarian needs and consistent with organizational ambitions and programme and diocesan policies in emergency food security and livelihoods work.
- Carrying out assessments, trainings and supporting programme scale-ups.
- Monitoring the accounting for grants and ensuring that internal and donor related reporting requirements are adhered to
- Organize, conduct, monitor and supervise all project training and activities. Develop and produce monthly project narrative reports.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including the line ministries in the implementation of all project activities.
- Ensure all livelihoods, relief and other relevant project data is submitted to the Development Coordinator and partners as scheduled.
- Liaise with the accounts department and ensure all financial returns and reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Attend and represent the project in all necessary and relevant forums and meetings.
- Ensure all the planned project activities are undertaken as specified by the project document and the allocated budget.
- Supervise, monitor and appraise the activities of all programme staff
- Undertake any other necessary project related duties as may be directed by the Development Coordinator.
How to Apply
Please send in your application, C.V. with names of 3 referees, Your Parish Priest’s/Pastors recommendation, copies of certificates and testimonials to:
ADN Caritas Nyeri
P.O. Box 288-10100
Or hand-deliver at Development Centre, Mathari – Ihururu Road, Next to Italian Memorial.
Deadline for sending applications for the above position is 14th May, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Caritas Nyeri is an equal opportunity Employer