Archdiocese of Nyeri
Position: Project Co-ordinator
Programme: Livelihoods And Emergencies
Project: Diversification Of Coffee Livelihoods Project (DCLP)
Reports To: The Director
Caritas Nyeri is seeking to recruit a self-motivated and dynamic individual for the position of a Project Co-ordinator.
Purpose: To provide management, leadership and coordination functions of the DCLP Project. As stipulated in Caritas Nyeri Strategic Plan, the Project Coordinator will ensure that all the activities of the project are approved, implemented, monitored, managed and evaluated in line with Caritas Nyeri Programmes’ procedures and in conjunction with the partner’s requirements.
The Project Co-ordinator is expected to provide technical support to the communities in enhancing food security, keep abreast with approaches and strategies in implementing the project, staff capacity building, community trainings and report writing among many others.
- To advise, support and guide project staff and partners on technical issues, project quality issues and Project Cycle Management so that work is carried out in the highest possible standard and in line with Caritas Nyeri and Partner’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all project activities are approved, implemented, monitored, managed and evaluated in line with policies and project management system.
- To ensure that key organizational approaches such as partnership building, strengthening of community structures and CBOs and policy/advocacy are optimized in the project.
- Supporting and building the capacities of local institutions to broaden and strengthen production, processing, marketing and related aspects of livelihood activities and strategies to reduce local and household food insecurity and vulnerability.
- To maintain regular mechanism for ensuring sharing of information with project staff and Programme Management Team and ensuring a good team approach to the work.
- To collaborate with other projects within Caritas Nyeri and the Archdiocese on issues of mutual importance e.g. administration, fundraising, communication, policy, advocacy, education etc.
- To develop key relationships and share information/learning with others working in Caritas Nyeri focus areas, particularly like minded NGOs, CSO’s, Donors, Government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate the project’s day to day activities, documentation of all project activities and maintenance of files and records relating to the project.
- Carrying out assessments, trainings and supporting programme scale-ups.
- Monitoring the accounting for grants and ensuring that internal and donor related reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Organize, conduct, monitor and supervise all project trainings and activities.
- Develop and produce monthly project narrative reports on timely basis.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including the line ministries in the implementation of the project.
- Ensure all the project data is submitted to the Director and partners as scheduled.
- Liaise with the accounts department and ensure all financial returns and reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Attend and represent the project in all necessary and relevant forums and meetings.
- Ensure all the planned project activities are undertaken as specified in the project document and the allocated budget.
- Supervise, monitor and appraise the activities of all project staff.
- Undertake any other duties as may be directed by the Director.
- A University Degree in any Agricultural Field from a recognized University.
- A minimum of three years working experience in agricultural field.
- MUST have a Valid Clean Driving License.
- Demonstrable experience in community mobilization.
- Demonstrable experience in Proposal Writing, Project Co-ordination, Project Administration, Planning and Programming.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to relate sensitively with diverse groups.
- Good skills in report-writing.
- Good team-work and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in working in diverse situations with unpredictable working hours.
- Ready to travel to diverse locations in support of projects’ implementation.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
Please send in your application, C.V. with names of 3 referees, Your Parish Priest’s/Pastors recommendation, copies of certificates and testimonials to:
ADN Caritas Nyeri
P.O. Box 288-10100
Or hand-deliver at Development Centre, Mathari – Ihururu Road, Next to Italian Memorial.
Deadline for sending applications for the above position is 14th May, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Caritas Nyeri is an equal opportunity Employer