Job Vacancy: Chief Mechanical Engineer – Mechanical Design
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is an Engineering and Construction company specializing in steelworks and steel structures with an inclination to Marine, oil and gas and Mining industries.
They seek to hire a well experienced and action oriented Manager to lead their Engineering Bureau.
She/ He will tasked with development of the implementation, project management and contracts management
Roles and Responsibilities
- Add value to the engineering and planning of the organization.
- Supervise, implement and organize the engineering of the firm’s works.
- Manage and oversee the process of Design, preparation of Technical drawings for Fabrication Works, Marine works, Ship building and repairs, securing a traceable and controlled engineering path.
- Direct and manage the team in the Engineering Office, drafts bureau and commercial modeling of costing.
- Lead the overall engineering works process from piping shipyard works through to civil works.
- To strengthen the organization’s engineering versus production and business administration.
- To strengthen and produce with the employees of the company’s work methods that meet best industrial practice and the required standards
- Technically support staff and/or customers regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific and difficult in-service engineering.
- Provide engineering services for production, quality, safety, environment in house and on our projects.
- Lead and grow a currently small engineering team.
- Provide an exemplary change role in business development, product development vis a vis clients and the various industrial elements.
- Set annual targets (Key performance indicators) and chase these, do monthly progress reviews.
- Present a strong business development approach in engineering with eye for product development (design and make-ability)
- Internal management development by backing up and supporting a balances score card approach
- Strengthening the overall commercial business development by a bonafide and reliable engineering and costing backbone.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree / Master’s Degree in Engineering additional Commercial knowledge or experience.
- Over 5 years’ experience in Design of Mechanical works including Oil & Gas or civil.
- Engineering design optimization knowledge using relevant Engineering software.
- Experience in the Marine Industry will be an added advantage.
- Multicultural management experience.
- Leadership, change management
- Quality awareness; guardian and stimulator for high quality and production.
- Engineering and design – structural production and aesthetics.
- Team work – mobilizing and strengthening junior engineers and designers.
- Technical engineering, use of software to implement hands on math
- Technically skilled, eye for facts
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Mechanical Engineer- Mechanical Design) to Jobs@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Wednesday, 30th May 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.