Job Vacancy: Chief Steward
Unit: Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee Garden – Nairobi
Starting date: Immediate
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
- Control of OPEQ inventory and electronic recording of stocks in and out of the store.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of the kitchen, stores, cold rooms, fridges and all kitchen operating equipment
- Supervision,duty allocation and appraising of Kitchen stewards.
- Ordering, distribution and monitoring use of detergents, disinfectants and disposables
- Facilitation of periodic internal and external training for all Kitchen stewards on proper hygiene practices.
- Monthly OPEQ stock take and regular documented spot checks.
- Coordination of repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensuring all staff members are well groomed, spearheading of weekly spring cleaning and management of the pest control program.
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Diploma /Certificate / prior training in culinary, stewarding or a related certificate
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in a high volume / luxury hotel / restaurant environment
- Must be able to follow budgetary guidelines.
- Basic computer and people management skills.
- Customer service oriented with a positive can do attitude.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 3rd June 2018.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com.