Vaghjiyani Enterprises Limited is civil construction company involved in construction of urban and site planning projects, transport networks, recreation facilities, urban infra-structure, civil engineering, roads, railways and bridges, plant foundations, water supply and sewerage, general civil construction, reservoir and elevated storage systems, general building and associated works.
Job Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
Number of Positions
- Senior Position (5-10 years experience) – 2 Positions
- Junior Position (3-5 years experience) – 3 Positions
The responsibilities of the QS are
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labor costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts,
- Coordination of work effort
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Must be qualified QS from recognized institute and
- having 08+ year of extensive experience.
- The preparation of Bills and Schedules of Quantities of materials, labour and services required in the construction and equipment of building, or engineering works.
- Site measurements and preparation of interim payment certificates and final accounts and attending site meetings, negotiating of and conclude final accounts.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect or the client. Pre-contract documentation, and maintenance of contract records.
- Carry out cost control, variation orders and assist in the audit of final accounts relating to contracts
- Project management & Visit building sites to monitor progress.
- Preparations of schedules of materials / labour & services, work programs, interim valuations, financial appraisals, variations account, Evaluation and preparing statements of claim,
- Preparation of specifications when required so to do.
- Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Able to establish variation in construction civil as well as road projects
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies and can consult with the clients about the cost of building projects
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders. And can advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Able to handle contractual claims plus providing advice on the same and can do Contractual correspondences.
- Administer the tendering process for contractors and subcontractors and able for Contract administration [both legal and financial]
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Can work on MS Project, Auto CAD, and Arch CAD
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments from Finance Department
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice.
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com by 4th June 2018