Our client is in the hospitality business with four (4) hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Senior Chef, the Cook is responsible for cooking the exact number of items ordered by each customer as well as working on different orders simultaneously.
- Scheduling activities and equipment use with managers, using information on daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Verifying that prepared foods meets requirement for quantity and quality.
- Operating large cooking equipments such as grills deep-fat fryers or griddles.
- Maintaining Sanitation, Health and safety standards in work areas.
- Preparing dough and following recipes.
- Cooking and packaging batches of food such as hamburgers and fried chicken which are prepared to order or kept warm till sold.
- Clean, stock and restock workstation and display cases.
Key Skills and Qualifications;
- Diploma from a culinary school will be an added advantage.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bake ware.
- Able to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Able to work in a team.
- Reliable communication skills.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 5th June, 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “COOK’’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.