Job Vacancy: Executive Administrator
About the Client: Our client provides Technology Solutions.
Job Purpose: The role provides administrative support to the Directors in their management of the business.
This includes PA support to the Managing Director/CEO, support of event logistics, and general office administration.
As a member of a small team, the Executive Administrator will hold a central role in the company undertaking a range of duties, these are listed below.
- Support diary management for the Directors.
- Research, organize and book travel arrangements for the Directors, preparing accompanying travel documents, meeting papers and other relevant information
- Provide administrative support to Directors ahead of meetings and events; producing information, photocopying and other required tasks.
- Recording, transcribing, and distributing notes/minutes of meetings
Operations and Logistics
- Support Line of Business and Project Managers on event/project logistics.
- Provide support to produce materials for workshops and events, including formatted documents compiled in well-presented workshop packs, presentations and supporting materials.
- Support offices administration, including maintenance of premises and management of external suppliers.
- General office management, including undertaking the following tasks:
o answering the phone and being a first point of contact for enquiries
o stock control and ordering of odd slot office materials
o dealing with mail and routine correspondence
- Provide support to team on IT issues, and where necessary resolve problems with the help of an internal and/or external IT consultant
- Provide basic finance administrative support managing the documentation of credit card expenses, personal expenses, project timesheets and petty cash
- To seek out and implement approaches to cost effectiveness in the firm’s operations.
- Perform accounts payable processing and other basic accounting functions to include:
o Reconciling invoices and filling out payments requests with proper coding;
o Assist with entering and processing approved payments and purchase orders;
o Developing and maintaining files; and
o Developing and maintaining various financial databases and reports in liaison with the finance office
- Perform general office/facilities management duties to include:
o Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed;
o Planning space allocations, layouts, and floor moves as required; arranging for and supervising building maintenance; and
o Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
- Provide general support to the administration of firm undertaking any other duties as required.
- Participating as a member of the team in the overall planning and administration.
- Assisting new employees with their orientation to the organization, benefits enrollment, and tax forms; and
- Maintaining human resources files in accordance with laws, regulations, and established standards.
Skills and Experience
The Executive Administrator will have the following skills, experience and interests:
- Experience in an Executive Assistant role at a senior executive level, including highly professional diary management and calendar oversight.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to provide administrative support across multiple, complex, cross-institutional projects.
- Strong communications and inter-personal skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure, juggling numerous and different priorities.
- Ability to maintain spreadsheets (Excel), databases and electronic filing systems.
- Ability to use Word to create and edit documents.
- Flexibility, problem solving and good judgement.
- An interest in working in a small, dynamic and highly innovative company.
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in business administration or commerce, or equivalent training and a minimum 2 years job experience
- Candidate must demonstrate high professional, moral and ethical standards in all their undertakings.
Qualified Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit a brief Cover Letter, CV in MS Word format only, CVs in other formats will be disqualified.
Email Address: ExecutiveAdministrator@talentsource.co.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.