Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant to Executive Director
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director’s role fully supports the Executive Director (ED) by managing time and engagements and by tracking all pending work. The ED operates at a very high level internationally and has many internal commitments within the confederation.
The diary needs to be managed to enable the ED to be at her/his most effective. Management and sign off of the Executive Coordinator’s work and guidance provided when needed.
- Full maintenance of the ED’s diary. This involves both responding to internal and external requests and also proactively scheduling appointments and managing the tension between internal and external work.
- Full management of the ED’s emails, bringing forward items for attention in a timely manner.
- Receiving all invitations to the ED and holding weekly meetings with the OI ED Support Team in order to establish a strategic external engagement agenda, whilst working with the Head of Governance to ensure that a balance is found between external and internal commitments.
- Establishing a relationship of mutual trust and respect with the ED in order to facilitate communication and maximise efficiency.
- Handling both general and specific paper and electronic correspondence; drafting text for the ED, including high level communications.
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Executive Office such as by developing templates, standards and promoting ways of working best practice, for instance in the preparation and provision of meeting briefs.
- Finalizing the ED’s travel and meeting packs as prepared by the Executive Coordinator, and providing guidance to the Executive Coordinator when delivering specific pieces of work for the ED.
- Overseeing of Executive Office Budget.
- Overseeing the work of the Executive Coordinator, providing guidance and sign off on all administrative areas.
- Ensuring the ED’s time is utilised as efficiently as possible when she/he is travelling by overseeing the hosting organisation / affiliate’s schedule, amending anything that would be deemed unsuitable by the ED, setting up meetings/calls in the local time zone and ensuring they take place on time.
- Providing personal support to the ED when required.
- Liaising with the ED’s high level external contacts including embassies, government officials, INGO leaders and royalty.
Key competencies / requirements
- Must have at least 8 years working experience in strategic and senior executive support significant EA experience at ideally minimum Regional director, preferably Executive/Managing Director level,
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of communication or similar field from a recognized institution. Master’s degree in business management or any other similar field preferred;
- Experience working transnationally, across boundaries, or for a large national company with international operations.
- Experience in high pressure role – ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Global mindset – the ED operates primarily from a virtual office and as the remit of her role is global she is required to operate within multiple time-zones.
- Successful candidate must be prepared to accommodate this and operate with a global mindset.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of communicating with senior officials – diplomacy, credibility, ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to work effectively in a team/matrixed/largely virtual environment. Ability to build strong relationships in a highly virtual environment, i.e build and maintain strong relationships with multiple and highly varied stakeholders and cultural sensibility, experience of working across boundaries.
- French and Spanish desirable.
Remuneration and compensation:
Salary: circa Ksh 3,500,000 gross p.a subject to experience
Benefits: 22 days annual leave, 10% employer pension, medical cover
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV and cover letter indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Closing Date: 1st June 2018