Our client is in the hospitality business with 4 hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp.
They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the operations of the kitchen in a manner that ensures consistent high culinary, safety and hygiene standards are maintained and operational costs are contained.
- Developing and implementing kitchen performance standards and other specifications in line with best practice.
- Ensuring a cost effective and sustainable operation.
- Monitoring and controlling the usage of supplies and operating equipment to ensure effective controls.
- Planning and coordinating kitchen production.
- Monitoring kitchen opening and closing duties.
- Requisitioning food stock items from the store, receive deliveries and check on quality, quantity and prices
- Monitoring and ensuring hygiene and safety standards
- Supervising and delegating work to the kitchen team
- In liaison with maintenance, coordinating timely repairs of faulty equipment
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma/Certificate in food production from a recognized hospitality institution
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Culinary expertise
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Financial awareness
- Business awareness
- Planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th May 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “EXECUTIVE CHEF”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.