Food for the Hungry (FH) Kenya, a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Multi Sector Facilitator (Aphia Plus Imarisha)
Location: Marsabit and Isiolo
Reports To: Programs Supervisor
Job Code: FH K 53
Contract expiry date: 30th September 2018
Application deadline: 17th May 2018
Values, Vision and Purpose: At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Position in the Organization: The MSF-Aphia+Imarisha reports hierarchically to the Programs Supervisor- Aphia+Imarisha.
Purpose of the Job: To implement HIV & AIDs interventions in the funded projects and assist in provision of support to churches, leaders, families and other partners as per set guidelines.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Key result area #1 Monthly work plans:
- Develops monthly work plans for the site and shares with the Programs Supervisor according to set timelines.
- Ensures the process of work plan puts into consideration the views and feedback of caregivers and CHVs.
- Ensures that the approved work plan is implemented in the month.
Key result area # 2. Coordination of provision of care and Support to OVC
- Familiarizes herself/himself with all the components of OVC interventions i.e. Health and Nutrition (including WASH), Education, household economic strengthening, protection, and psychosocial support
- Ensures that CHVs and other project related agents understand their roles in undertaking the interventions at household and that they are in direct contact with caregivers.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure that caregivers receive services and are providing feedback to the project.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
Key result area # 3. Capacity building of implementation structures
- Organizes CHVs into clusters, develops a capacity building plan for CHVs and ensures that the CHVs holds monthly meetings and that they benefit from capacity building for effective programming and for personal growth.
- Organizes caregivers into forums, develops a capacity building plan and ensures that the caregiver forums holds monthly meetings and that they participate in project decision making, contributes resources and supports
- Frequently conducts regular household visits to caregivers ensuring satisfaction and participation in project work.
Key result area # 4. Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Ensures that all OVC files in the site have all the documents. Frequently liaises with the data clerk to track on progress towards file completion. Hands over to data clerk all data forms clearly labeled and assigned to households and CHV for data entry and filing.
- Identifies best practices, stories of human interests and shares with the project coordinator for documentation.
Key result area # 5. Reporting and Review meetings
- Ensures that CHVs have the necessary reporting tools i.e. form 1A and caregiver service monitoring tool for utilization every month.
- Reviews and signs all reports from the CHVs and other project agents before onward submission to data clerk for data entry
- Writes monthly narrative report and shares with the programs supervisor not later than 30th of the month.
- Ensures that CHV clusters and caregiver forums holds monthly review meetings.
- Keeps minutes of all program meetings held in the site.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with local communities, partners and government authorities.
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Knowledge of Management of HIV&AIDS
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum Diploma holder in Health Sciences, Social Sciences or Nursing or other relevant qualifications plus 2 years relevant experience working in an NGO set up.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com latest by 17th May 2018.
NB: These are very urgent positons.
Therefore, shortlisting will be done as CVs are received and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview within a very short notice.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.