Food for the Hungry (FH) Kenya, a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Programs Supervisor – Aphia Plus Imarisha
Reports To: Marsabit Mountain Cluster Manager
Job Code: FHK 54
Contract expiry date: 30th September 2018
Deadline for applications: 17th May 2018
Values, Vision and Purpose: At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization.
Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Position in the Organisation
- The Programs Supervisor- Aphia Plus Imarisha reports hierarchically to Marsabit Mountain Cluster Manager.
- The Programs Supervisor- Aphia Plus Imarisha manages a team of between 3-5 employees
Purpose of the Job: To spearhead achievement of program goals through guiding and directing program staff in conducting social work, giving spiritual, Social/psychological, mental and physical health needs of orphans, and vulnerable children in Marsabit and Isiolo regions
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Key result area# 1. Monthly work plans:
- Develops draft monthly and quarterly work plans for the project. Ensures the process takes bottom up approach from Multi Sector Facilitators. Ensures team discussion of the work plan, shares with the Cluster Manager for approval and onward submission to Imarisha technical officer
- Ensures the approved work plan is implemented in the month with adequate follow up to implementation teams.
Key result area #2. Coordination of provision of care and Support to OVC
- Familiarizes with all the components of OVC project, the strategies and expected outcomes i.e. Health and Nutrition (including WASH), Education, household economic strengthening, protection, and psychosocial support.
- Ensures that MSF understand their roles in undertaking the interventions and that they are in direct contact with CHVs and caregivers
- Supports in direct implementation of activities in Marsabit County which is expansive
- Ensures that there is adequate plan for all households to receive both tangible and non-tangible benefits.
- Liaise with APHIA plus technical persons for support on the various areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, household economic strengthening, protection, and psychosocial support.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
Key result area # 3: Coordination and capacity building of implementation structures
- Ensures that MSF organizes CHVs into clusters, inventory developed and filed.
- Follows up with MSF to ensure that CHV monthly meetings are held, the recommended forms submitted on time and challenges arising addressed.
- Supports MSF to develop and implement capacity building plans for CHV clusters to understand their roles and grow as individuals.
- Follows up with MSF to ensure that the caregivers are mobilized into caregiver forums, inventory prepared and filed, holds monthly meetings and that each caregiver forum is undertaking OVC care and support activities.
- Supports MSF to develop and implement capacity building plans for caregiver forums to understand their roles in child care and grow as households on economic strengthening.
Key result area #3. Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Document best practices, human interest stories and lessons learnt.
- Prepares and organizes various knowledge products for show casing at partner annual dissemination forums
Key result area #4. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conducts routine support supervisions and spot checks to MSF, CHVs and caregivers to ensure compliance to standards and satisfaction with service delivery.
- Works with M&E department and data clerks to ensure that the project is adequately monitored, and feedback mechanisms put in place to support quality improvement and change management.
- Ensures that source documents are properly filled and timely submitted in an organized manner to the M&E for data entry.
Key result area # 5. Quality Improvement, report writing and reviews
- Directly responsible and in charge of training quality improvement teams, implementation and documentation of results all through the project.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly narrative report writing in liaison with the M&E officer for the quantitative data reporting as per prescribed standard.
- Ensures that monthly and quarterly staff review meetings on performance are held and challenges addressed.
Key result areas #6 . Networking and partnership development
- In consultation with the Cluster manager, takes lead in development of new partnerships ensuring there is effective integration of their work into the project work.
- Ensure adequate engagement of main line ministries such as Ministry of Education; Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture; department of children services etc.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Should be a strong team player and have ability to manage a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with local communities, partners and government authorities.
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Proven field based knowledge and experience in HIV and AIDS related program
- Knowledge of Management of HIV&AIDS
Education and/or Experience
- First Degree (Bachelors) in Sociology, Social Work, Community Work, Counseling,
- Public health or equivalent qualifications plus 3 years of NGO Project related implementation
Language Skills: Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com latest by 17th May 2018.
NB: These are very urgent positions.
Therefore, shortlisting will be done as CVs are received and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview within a very short notice.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Programs Supervisor - Aphia Plus Imarisha
Community and Social Service
|Company / Organization||
Food for the Hungry (FH) Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||