FIDA Kenya is a non-profit, non-partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Legal Counsel – Access to Justice
To Be Based in Mombasa
Job Ref: FIDA/SPO/05/2018
Reports to: The Deputy Executive Director and Head of Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice to FIDA Kenya clients.
- Provide legal representation to FIDA Kenya Clients.
- Prepare pleadings and legal briefs.
- Prepare case strategies in consultation with the team leader.
- Make interventions and petitions on behalf of the public in gender related issues including Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Link with strategic partners including NGOs, Government departments and relevant bodies.
- Support clients to access justice through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and other informal justice systems.
- Training clients on self-representation.
- Preparation of programme /activity plans and reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with FIVE (5) years post admission experience.
- Must possess a valid practicing certificate.
- Should have knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation.
- Must possess strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Litigation, Gender & Women’s rights Issues.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae, including three referees one of whom must be a former Supervisor, also stating expected salary, and daytime contact to email@example.com addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 25th May 2018.
The Executive Director
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100
Note: Only email applications will be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.