Vibrant Village Foundation Kenya
Job Title: Field Director (Agriculture)
Luanda, Vihiga County
Managing Field Managers and the wider Field Team (50%)
- Organise and lead weekly team meetings
- Prepare resources for Field activities
- Schedule and develop staff trainings for your Field Team
- In-field support and monitoring to Field Managers and Field Officers
- Provide effective feedback, training and development opportunities to all levels of staff.
- Help build a positive culture and motivate your team
Programme Management (25%)
- Revise, review and adhere to the Field Ops calendar to ensure 100% of field activities are executed through the Season.
- Support your team to set and achieve ambitious Quarterly and annual programme goals
- Deliver weekly, quarterly and adhoc written reports for internal and external use.
- Monitoring and maintain programme quality through regular quality control of trainings and meetings.
Analyze Data and Make Decisions (15%)
- Analyse and interpret field data and make corrections. changes and interventions as appropriate
- Initiate and design trials, surveys and data collection activities to further improve farmer experience
- Collaborate with colleagues in other areas to develop strategies that will be used in the execution of farming activities, repayment and overall programme growth
- Engage in strong feedback loops with farmers and GLs to hear their concerns and adjust the programme accordingly.
Budget Management (10%)
- Oversee and control the budget and expenses for your area
- Initiate purchase requests for team item
- Diploma or higher in Agricultural Sciences or similar – although relevant work experience will be considered instead of formal qualifications
- Previous experience leading and managing teams
- Strong mentorship, coaching and teaching skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Basic computer competency including Microsoft Office
- Passion for agriculture and community upliftment
Skills: Leadership, Interpersonal Skills, Time Management Skills, Budget Management, Team Building, Organizational, Mentoring, Data Analysis
To apply, please visit the Vibrant Village Foundation Kenya Recruitment page at https://vibrantvillage.freshteam.com/jobs