Vacancy: Purchasing & Stores Manager
A leading five star hotel in Nairobi, a member of an International Chain of hotels serving the cream of the crop in the hospitality sector seeks to employ a suitable
candidate to streamline our procurement operations to drive the hotel to the next level.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Management of all activities in the purchasing process such as sourcing, procurement, receiving, with all logistics and management activities.
- Sourcing and purchasing of supplies locally and internationally as requested by the respective departments.
- Raising LPOs, receiving quotations and also responsible for all deliveries.
- Planning, implementing and controlling the efficient and effective forward and reverse flow of storage of goods between the point of origin and point of consumption.
- Co-ordinating and collaborating with suppliers, user departments, intermediaries, service providers, customers, e.t.c.
- Negotiationg favourable credit terms with suppliers.
- Ensuring proper receiving of goods and that proper food handling procedures are followed.
- Maintaining of the hotel stores and cold rooms in an excellent five star condition.
- Providing effective leadership and training to ensure the department has qualified, disciplined and motivated staff.
- Ensuring proper contracts are in place with suppliers as necessary.
The position calls for an individual with the following attributes;
- Aged below 45 years and_be_computer literate.
- At least a University degree and a higher diploma in Purchasing & Supplies management.
- At least five years experience in a similar position, preferably a five star set up. Overseas exposure will be an added advantage.
A Competitive salary with attractive benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials from applicants who meet the above qualifications should be sent to the address below to reach us by Monday 28th May 2018.
P.O.Box 49010, 00100