Job Vacancy: Fleet Maintenance Technician
Salary: Ksh 25,500
Overall Responsibility: Under supervision Operations manager, performs duties in the implementation of maintenance management of a fleet in operations yard; performs technical work in vehicle and equipment mechanics as needed.
The holder of this role reports to Operations Manager
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all Company fleet.
- Implements and monitors a preventive maintenance program to ensure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Monitors user departments by analysis of vehicle and equipment utilization and evaluation of equipment specifications.
- Implements and maintains a mechanic training and certification program to provide needed technical skills for mechanics in repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
- Enforces city safety practices and procedures and ensures employees receive appropriate safety training.
- Replaces parts; repairs parts; repairs electrical systems; diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work; performs tune ups and engine overhauls; troubleshoots problems when needed.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes reports on vehicles and equipment repaired. Makes daily, weekly and monthly report to Operations Manager.
- Keeps maintenance repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks all repair work performed in yard for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to users.
- Performs related duties as required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Reliable and committed to completing tasks on time.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of an automated Fleet Management Information System.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics;
- knowledge of diesel and gas engine mechanics
- Considerable knowledge of City shops and the parts and supplies required.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled employees engaged in repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed; ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Ability to coordinate programs, prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience Needed
- Minimum diploma holder in mechanical/automotive engineering or any other related field and a minimum of 3 years in a similar role or at least 7 years’ on hand experience in commercial trucks, machinery or equipment maintenance and repairs mechanic.
- Class BCE Driving license and experience in driving Lorries. License to operate plant/machinery will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand Company’s policy on fleet repairs and maintenance.
- Must be on 24-hour call.
- Failure rates and prediction of failures
- Operating and maintenance efficiency and effectiveness including maintenance costs
- Work completion/outstanding Rates
- Reliability improvement and operating risk reduction
- Quality of execution/Response
- Safety audits
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 7th June 2018.