Our Client, in the FMCG sector seeks to recruit a Financial Accountant.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Job Functions: Accounting, Finance
Industries: FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)
A.Cash / Bank
- Daily checking Bank online transactions, posting cheques reversing returned cheques and following up with concerned sales staff for replacement.
- Daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
- Follow up on outstanding issues with bank
- Initiating bank transfer instructions for sign off.
B. Assets / Stock
- Fixed Asset Register – in-putting new purchases, custody of register and updating of depreciation
- Stock Asset account – Adhoc stock take. Reconcile physical stock in warehouse and vans against financial system
- GIT account – monitoring stock in transit. Making the relevant entries on receipt of invoices and payment on purchase, clearing and receipt of goods to warehouse. Closing GIT on arrival of stock to warehouse
- Monitoring actual cost vs budget and making adjustment in the books on receipt of full consignment to warehouse
- Manage GIT supplier accounts ie Product supplier, clearing and forwarding agents and external warehousing.
C. Procurement / Accounts Payable
Responsible for overall reports and management of A/P up to, including and together with the PA; Ensure that amongst others, the below responsibilities are efficiently, effectively and accurately fulfilled.
- Ensuring duties and taxes are paid and that demurrage costs are not incurred as a result of payment delays.
- Timely payment of Heineken supplier to avoid disruption of supply and minimize complaints
- Reconcile monthly suppliers’ statement.
- Observe the credit periods / limits
- Payment when the bills fall due.
- Accurate payment to the suppliers
- Controlled costs
- Adherence to SLA
- Ensure procurement procedures are followed – check when paying
- Ensure budgets / limits are adhered to.
- Assist in Monitoring monthly usage of the supplies and advise accordingly
- Keep an inventory records for the motor vehicle spare parts and reconcile on monthly basis.
- Monitor costs as stipulated in the supplier’s contract.
- Review the renewal period of the contracts.
- Check Purchase Orders prepared by the payable accountant to ensure they are accurate and ensure they are approved by the Supply Chain Manager
- Issuing Purchase Orders on approved quotations for major suppliers
D. Accounts Receivable
Responsible for overall reports and management of A/R up to, including and together with the PA; Ensure that amongst others the below responsibilities are efficiently, effectively and accurately fulfilled.
- • Confirm details, reconcile and post Salesmen and Agents daily reports
• Daily balance VAT and ETR machines and exception report
• Accounts receivable report for weekly sales meeting
•Account receivable reconciliation and follow up for overdue accounts to be regularized.
• Issuing credit memos which should be approved by the Financial Accountant
• Issuing statements to customers
• Monthly sales ledger reconciliation with output VAT
• Audit and spot check on open invoices from field visits periodically
• Ensure timely Collection of outstanding debts
E. Production of Financial Reports & Management Accounts By the 3rd of Every Month
- Balance Sheet
- Receivables ageing Analysis
- Payables ageing analysis
- Sales by Item analysis
- Cash flow statements
- Budget Vs Actual statements
- Management accounts etc
F. Payroll & Wages Report
- Prepare monthly Payroll by 11th of every month
- Wages summary and payment
- Bank agent for collection of cash, statements and any other correspondence
- Back up of Finance ERPs
- Participate in Internal and External Audit
- Ensure all statutory are filed on time
- Produce weekly Bounced cheque report for the staff meetings
- Any other assignment by the management
- University Degree B.com (Finance/Accounting Options)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Financial Accountant on the Subject line