SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Position Title: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Manager
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of funding proposals
- Update, further develop and implement the strategy for resource mobilization;
- Support and promote the development of strategic alliances with donor organizations and other strategic actors, with special emphasis on the EU;
- Monitor and identify funding opportunities for SAPCONE and partner organizations;
- Undertake capacity building initiatives for staff on skills improvement ensuring there is knowledge on the SAPCONE resource mobilization manual
- Coordinate the resource mobilization work in Turkana
- Coordinate needs for information material and targeted donor communication with the communication officer; and
- Evaluate and systematically document the experiences and lessons learnt.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Development/Social Studies/Humanitarian/ Communication. A master’s degree in Business Administration or Development Work will be an added advantage;
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications on fundraising and resource mobilization
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in development work and/or international development cooperation working on resource mobilization
- Experience in resource mobilization for international development cooperation, development of concept notes and funding proposals
- Experience in development and implementation of methods for international development cooperation, including human rights based approach, planning, monitoring, evaluation and risk management;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, works well in a team, excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals;
- Good knowledge of international relations, EU development policy and international development cooperation;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English;
- Proficient computer skills;
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply