Job Vacancy: Meter Calibration Technician
Hashi Energy is a solid and reputable organisation with more than 25 years’ experience in imports, re-exports, distribution and logistics and is a top turnkey solutions provider across East and Central Africa.
We are currently recruiting a meter calibration technician to join our team in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Calibration of all meters in accordance with international standards meeting the requirements of Hashi Energy Customers.
The core function and scope of the Meter Calibration Technician is:
- Identify all meters on all sites.
- Identify the type of meter and the exact functioning of the meter type.
- Check with the manufacturer the exact procedure for calibration.
- Prepare a calibration schedule for all sites and all meters that ensures all meters are calibrated every 6 months.
- Get the schedule signed off by the Maintenance Manager and Operational Manager.
- Visit all sites as per the schedule and calibrate the meters as per the Hashi Energy meter calibration SOP.
- Record the calibration results on the designated Hashi Energy form and sign every meter off for approval
- Keep records of calibration issues per meter (percentage they were off before calibration, difficulties during calibration).
- Prepare a weekly report for the Maintenance & QA Manager.
- Update meter calibration dates in the calibration schedule and set the date for the next calibration.
- Ensure the master meter is kept in optimal conditions.
- Organize repair for the meters and master meter when required.
- Maintain the calibration certificates for the master meter.
- Ensure all the tools belonging to the master meter are kept in the master meter toolbox.
- Ensure all the fittings belonging to the master meter set up are kept with the master meter.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Manager.
- Educated to a minimum standard equivalent to A Level, with a qualification in quality management
- At least 5 years calibrating Petroleum digital & Mechanical Meters
- Capable in performing hands on installation of master meter
- Good English speaking and writing
- Skilled in Excel
- Candidates must be physically able to work in a remote location when required
Send your application to email@example.com
Applications must be submitted before close of business on the 1st of June 2018