Job Vacancy: Head of Accounts
Our client, a leading distributor of diagnostics, scientific and life science research products, laboratory chemicals, reagents and equipment’s are seeking to recruit Head of Accounts
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle budget preparations and analyses financial data
- Discuss financial performance with management on a monthly and quarterly basis and assist in developing and implementing cost effective measures to reduce operational costs
- Review all invoices for accuracy, appropriate supporting documentation and approval prior to posting in accounting system
- Timely payment of vendors and suppliers & Maintain vendor files and contact lists Receivables
- Prepare account reconciliations and financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data
- Generate and review aging report to ensure compliance
- Timely preparation and filing of Withholding Tax, Withholding Vat and Value Added Tax
- Computation of instalment taxes and submission before due dates End Month/Year closing
- Be actively involved in payroll preparations and ensure statutory deductions are made as per the set policies
- Accountable for monthly closing of books, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Taxation, statutory compliance, working capital management, cash flow planning.
- Review financial and management accounts on a monthly basis with business managers
- Perform monthly cost and productivity analysis, present recommendation to ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines.
- Spearhead monthly and periodic financial management reporting, cash flows, treasury and banking relationships
- Create detailed revenue and expense budgets, constantly championing use of available resources in a way that creates maximum value and output
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related discipline.
- CPA K.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in Finance or Accounts section in a busy organization and in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrate honesty, confidentiality and integrity.
- Should be proactive.
How to Apply
To apply, kindly CLICK HERE to apply online on or before close of business 25th May 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.