Job Title: Head of Development – Construction
Our Client is Africa’s largest urban land developer with over 30,000 acres of visionary projects in the growth trajectories of large cities in East, West and Central Africa.
They seek to hire a Head of Development to deliver the urban planning, conceptualization, design development and implementation of a range of projects to be undertaken by the company.
- Working with the Country Head, Kenya to implement strategic priorities for the projects in terms of commercial management, project management, finance management, leadership as well as managing necessary stakeholders
- Managing appropriate market studies, feasibility studies, concept development, financial appraisal and other activities aimed at creating bankable, deliverable projects
- Identifying partnership opportunities to support the company’s strategic priorities
- Recruiting partners with suitable resources to carry out development activities as well as implementing best practices across projects, training local resources, building capacity and institutional knowledge
- Supporting the identification of potential new projects which can be undertaken by the company and develop business cases for identified projects in consultation with the Country Head, Kenya
- Leading negotiations with potential partners for ongoing developments and monitoring day-today relationships for ongoing developments as well as tracking performance
- Monitoring necessary coordination to manage project sites and logistics, project documentation, project cost and working capital management, and other elements of project management
- Recommending the most appropriate form of construction procurement in cooperation with the Group Head of Construction and Delivery as well as identifying new construction technologies and methods of improving logistics and supply chains
- Identifying and sourcing equity investors and debt providers;
- Carrying out thorough and incisive market research to ensure the most appropriate products for the market and the company
- Coordinating induction of facility management services around the newly developed facilities prior to commissioning; including advising on after care services for all projects
- Developing and implementing the general urban management frameworks, working closely with Group Head of Construction and Delivery and consulting team
- Ensuring the application of and compliance with Group Anti-Corruption and Bribery and Anti-Money Laundering Policies and Health, Safety and Quality standards;
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Country Head, Kenya.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in real estate, development management, project management or related.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of relevant experience in real estate development.
- Effective development/project management skills.
- Excellent budgeting skills.
- Excellent data compilation/reporting skills.
- Effective business writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and practice regarding real estate and investment is considered a plus.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Development – Construction) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday 10th May, 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.