Sheerlogic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the position of Hotel Finance Manager for our client, a 5* property in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: Manage the Financial Function of the hotel to ensure the completeness, accuracy, integrity, legality and timeliness of financial reports in accordance to International Financial Reporting Systems and our client’s standards so as to support operation and achieve financial goals.
- Preparation of Financial and Management Reports
- Verifies and signs hotel documents to ensure proper processing, controls and Authorizations
- Ensures that all legal, contractual and licensing documents comply with the legal requirements of the country
Reviews potential risk exposures of Hotel and arrange for insurance coverage in legal country requirements.
- Manages risk exposures of Hotel due to negligence and unforeseeable accidents.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, deducted, collected and/or accrued. Ensure timely remittances to the relevant tax office(s)
- Reviews, documents and implements related policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance of internal control standards and recommends improvements
- Complies with internal control recommendations from internal and external auditors
- Ensure purchasing procedures are adhered to and are in compliance with hotels standards
- Supervises the timely preparation of payroll and reports to ensure payments to associates
- University Degree and other relevant accounting professional qualifications
- 5 –years’ working experience in Finance and Accounting functions within hospitality industry
- Computer knowledge in all hospitality related software.
- Working knowledge of Hotel’s Property Management and Point of Sales Systems
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
How to Apply
Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st May 2018 clearly indicating the job title.