Vacant Position: Human Resource / Legal Liaison Manager
Our client is a recognized and widely acknowledged abroad with over 300 students from kindergarten to upper secondary school.
Reporting to the Head of Administration, the school has a vacancy for a Human Resource / Legal Liaison Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Act as a communication/liaison with the school’s lawyers to analyze any legal issues and their implications and act to minimize any exposure on the school’s side.
- Confer with the Head of Administration to develop strategies to prevent or minimize any risks to the school.
- Serve as a resource throughout the school system to ensure that the school is fully compliant with the Laws of Kenya including all statutory and legal requirements (obtain licenses/permits annually/bi-annually).
- Regularly attend meetings with the school’s lawyers, contractors, service providers, parents and staff members keep abreast of any legal issues and its implementation at the work place or operationally.
- Be responsible for interpretation of the various Acts which govern policies at the work place and explain the same in lay man’s terms to the employees.
- Responsible for overall administration coordination and evaluation of the human resource function of the school.
- Be responsible for recommendation and implementation of human resource guidelines and processes.
- Be responsible for preparing the monthly payroll posting with accuracy and ensuring all statutory remittances are complied with in a timely manner.
- Ensure all employment contracts are renewed in a timely manner and any developments in the law are factored into new employment contracts.
- Formulate and sustain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Updates all staff lists and compensation summary documents for the Head of Administration.
- Write/Rewrite job descriptions as needed.
- Monitors performance evaluation programs and participates in annual salary revisions’.
- Review the school’s monthly extra-curricular coach payments for accuracy and completeness and act as the go-to person for the Agency in case of issues.
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the Head of Administration.
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a law degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- A Member with IHRM.
- 5 years of experience as a Legal Resource officer with HR background with an NGO.
- Ability to speak and understand another Foreign Language will be an added advantage.
- An interesting working environment
- Appropriate salary plus participation in the school’s medical and pension scheme
- 1 year contract with a possibility for an extension.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for, additional foreign language and current or previous gross pay salary. (HRM/Legal Liaison Manager Post-Foreign Language XXXXXX, Current or Previous Gross pay XXXXXX)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.