Position: Human Resource Officer
Job Ref: BL14518
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Supervises: No One
Interfaces With: Financial Controller, Chief Accountants, Payroll Accountants, HOD’S and Hse Dept.
Gross Pay: 80, 000 + Benefits
Purpose: The primary role of the HR officer will be to provide support to supervisors and management surrounding human resources issues, responsible for assisting the human resources manager with operational activities, recruitment, orientation, data management, and support.
- Recruiting and staffing logistics;
- Monitor and maintain a log of all employee contracts renewals
- Monitor and maintain a log of all employee deployments especially those out of country.
- Keeping a schedule and track of all staff and providing their rotation (outside the station)
- Providing their attendance on request.
- Coordinating the Preparation of allowances any kind.
- Ensuring that staff in Tullow project are on Resolution health medical cover etc.
- Ensure newly recruited employees are captured in the HRIS.
- Monitor Staff Induction to ensure completion.
- Performance management and improvement tracking systems;
- Support HR Manager in appraisal time table.
- Monitor appraisals are carried out in a timely manner.
- Identify from the appraisals matters arising for follow up including Training Need Analysis, promotions, review of terms etc.
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping;
- Monitoring of orientation of Employees.
- Monitoring documents that should be in file.
- Carrying out staff file audits to ensure conformance with all statutory filing requirements
- Assisting with employee relations;
- Company employee communication;
- Follow up on action points in all communication prior to filing.
- Employee services;
- Update staff master list.
- Quality Systems:
- Be involved in ensuring compliance of HR Department.
- Be involved in continuous reviews of support HR processes.
- Accident follow up:
- Keeping a schedule of all accidents, recording them, documentation, liasing with HRM & HSE Officer/QHSES Manager
- Reporting to DOSH & follow up.
- Compiling medical bills for accident related cases for payment
- Submitting accident documents to insurance
- Follow up on discharge vouchers, cheques till closure of accident files.
9. Assisting in application of licences for the company
- Report management.
- Preparing casual wages reports for HRM and FC.
- Sending staffing listing that maybe required from time to time
- Snap shot reports for the General Manager.
- Accident report as maybe required.
- Any other report as maybe required.
10. Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office and any other duties that may arise from time to time.
- A diploma/degree in Human Resources Management
- At least 2 years Human Resources Support experience in a busy organization.
- Sound Knowledge in Kenyan Labor laws and Best practices.
- Strong business acumen, attention to detail and very organized individual.
ISO 9001: 2008 QUALITY SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITY
- Internal Auditor
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews