I &M Bank Limited (a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country) is looking to set up a Digital factory to drive its digital strategy.
The Digital factory will work under a special function hived off from the day to day operations and will collaborate with different functions of the Bank to deliver solutions that are customer centric in design and that will radically simplify business requirements and scale fast to full utilization using a clean sheet approach to deliver the desired value.
The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
JOB SUMMARY: The role holder will be responsible for partnering with the Digital Manager and digital leadership team to develop effective product strategies, visions and execution plans. The incumbent mission will be to shape and deliver digital solutions that transform customer experiences for the bank
THE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE ROLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
The role will report to the Digital Factory Manager and will be responsible for:
- Driving end-to-end user experience design, including discovery, ideation, conception, detailed design, prototypes and validation across multiple products and areas
- Working across multiple cross-functional product teams, to create and influence the creation of elegant user experience to create business impact (e.g., customer, employee and advisor engagement /productivity)
- Working closely with digital factory executives, Product Leads, Product Managers, Engineering Leads along with marketing and business stakeholders to design and deliver user-centric experiences.
- Leading a team of UX/UI Designers in leveraging creative and holistic thinking to providing an engaging and intuitive user experiences for digital products.
- Mentoring designers within the UX/UI team, assisting them in setting and achieving satisfying career goals
- Growing the organizational design capabilities through introducing design thinking across the organization and recruiting and hiring new designers.
- Implementing a culture and principles within the team that prioritize inclusion, innovation and teamwork, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Leading user research, persona development, usability testing, contextual inquiry, and task analysis.
- Championing user-centered design practices when solving design requests and challenges.
- Constantly monitoring analytics, customer feedback, digital banking leaders and best practices in order to practice insight-driven optimization and innovation.
- Collaboratively working with Product Leads, Product Managers to understand their digital product roadmaps and requirements and ensuring UX is tightly integrated into the roadmaps.
- Ensuring that there is a strategic UX vision for the organization, which will be actualized over time through evolutionary, iterative updates.
- Working with cross-functional product development teams to build designs that meet those requirements – including design specification documents, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Developing, communicating and enforcing a Design System which incorporates user experience and user interface guidelines for each of our digital solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Extensive design experience (6+) in a digital product environment
- Experience with designing quality consumer products, as well as enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, interface design, rapid prototyping, agile product development
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Fluent in English
- Well rounded user-centred design portfolio that spans some combination of web, mobile, tablet, TV, and wearables.
- Graphical and visual design skills, including hands on experience with diverse set of software such as Sketch app, Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, Invision, Framer or other tools for graphic design, visual design and prototyping
- Independent, trustworthy and charismatic with absolute integrity.
- Good measure of creativity, social competence and ability to work in a team
- Entrepreneurial and proactive management skills and a “can do attitude”
- High energy levels, stress resistance and cultural openness will be therefore highly valued
- Strong communication skills in dealing with leadership, key clients, business partners and teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent area
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to send your application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, salary expectations and names and contacts of three referees.
Your application should reach the address below as soon as possible but not later than 20th May 2018.
Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.