About Schneider Electric East Africa: Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Industry Product Application Engineer
The role will be responsible for ensuring resources, competencies and capabilities are positioned to support the mission of a growing transactional business leveraging the distribution channel in particular.
- Maximise control, automation & drives product sales by using technical competence to give credibility and support to our sales and internal teams and to our channel partners
- Develop a rich opportunity pipeline with measurable tasks and outcomes
- Promote the team within the sales team to achieve high utilisation
- Equip our distributor partners to be an extension to the internal sales force
- Use of company tools such as the BFO CRM to manage opportunities and actions
- By continual development, ensure a broad product knowledge coverage by the team
- Work systematically with each channel/countries within the zones to create clear focus on resource deployment, up skilling, and enhance competences and capabilities.
- Map the current state and apply the Industry playbook and create actions to support the transformation to the future state where all offers are commercialized and available for sale and the sales teams are aware and able to make the offer.
- To create action plans, business planning and review on a regular basis.
- Achieving sales through:
- Prime route to sale in areas of highly technical consultative applications
- Preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations
- Identification of product differentiators
- Adaptation of the Schneider offer to the customer application
- Advice to the customer regarding his process or solution
- Design of innovative, ring-fenced solutions
- System architecture design
- Standards and legislation compliant solutions
- Provide Customer Support by:
- Solving customer hardware, software and application problems in a highly abstractive, non-repetitive environment.
- Advising on the choice and application of Schneider equipment
- Bespoke training
- Distributor and Integrator Partner Support:
- Assessment of skills
- Learning path definition
- Techno-commercial training
- Joint visits
- Roadshow/Exhibition Demos and manning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5-7 years of technical & commercial experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Accreditation and Affiliation with international Standards body and Engineering
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively while delivering under pressure
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Be able to work within approved budget, develops and implement cost saving measures and conserve organizational resources.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.