Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Vacant Position: IT Intern – Field Office
Reporting To: IT Associate
Start Date: 1st July 2018
Duration: 3 Months
Deadline to Apply: 14th June, 2018
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non- profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Role: The IT Intern under the supervision of the IT Associate and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies will provide general support to all departments with hardware, software and do Network (LAN & WLAN) administration management ensuring internet uptime and escalating any outages.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of Microsoft products such as Office (various versions)
- Support of hardware and software and applications
- End user and product support for printers and photocopiers
- OS Support – Microsoft Windows Vista,7,8,10 as well as Mac OS systems
- Respond to and log calls, escalating calls as required with key support vendors
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide one on one training when requested
- Be the first point of contact for staff on collection of new hardware and replacement hardware.
- Manage and set up new hardware following IT policies and procedures
- Provide AV (Audio/Visual) support and presentation projectors support to staff
- Assist in processing of IT utility payments (Internet, server/domain hosting, online subscriptions and postpaid lines)
- Network, internet and bandwidth management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related fields.
- Proven IT experience, specifically the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint Outlook to support end users.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, multitask, work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills and relationship management
- At least one years’ experience of working in similar role.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the IT Intern-Field Office- Kenya Project-Busia. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.