Our client is a privately-owned Investment Company with diversified holdings across real estate, agri-business, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, financial services, fixed income and quoted equity.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their office:
Reporting to the Group Head of Finance, the Financial Accountant is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial and accounting reports for the company.
- Assess the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and accounting records
- Establish well-documented systems for record keeping and accounting
- Research financial variances and analyse financial data
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and financial statements
- Consolidate departmental budgets and compare actual costs to budgeted costs
- Regularly update management regarding the financial status of the company
- Prepare tax returns and calculate taxes owed; comply with tax requirements around payment and reporting
- Co-ordinate internal and external audits of the organization’s financial and accounting records
- Analyze business operations, financial commitments, costs, revenues, and trends to develop projections for future revenue and expenses
- Provide suggestions and feedback to management regarding budget forecasts, resource utilization, and tax strategy
- Supervise and direct the work activities of accounting and book keeping personnel
- Ensure compliance with accounting and finance standards, best practices, and government regulations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics, or related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum CPA Part III
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Working Capital Management Skills
- Budgeting and forecasting skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.