Our client is a privately-owned Investment Company with diversified holdings across real estate, agri-business, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, financial services, fixed income and quoted equity.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position:
Group Head of Investments
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Group Head of Investments is responsible for overseeing all investments as well as investment managers of the company as per the long term strategic investment plan.
- Formulating, evaluating, recommending and implementing an investment policy and proposing ongoing changes where necessary
- Monitoring and recommending asset allocation of investment assets and upon Board approval implement the plan
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders with regard to investments and investment opportunities
- Identifying potential strategic commercial real estate investment trends and opportunities
- Creating and maintaining a team of professionals (internal or external) to originate, analyses, finance, close, manage and sell real estate investments
- Developing strategies to deliver on optimization of company’s asset portfolio for wealth maximization by analyzing, recommending and implementing a balanced asset allocation plan
- Developing, evaluating, implementing and monitor performance benchmarks, risk characteristics and performance attribution analysis for the asset classes and individual managers where applicable.
- Leading financial planning, underwriting and due diligence activities for the company
- Leading in capital raising, investment restructuring, acquisitions, investment negotiations and all other investment initiatives
- Ensuring ongoing legal and statutory compliance of investments while advising the company on relevant legislative changes that impact the business
- Producing detailed financial reports as required by management and the Board of directors
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, and Economics from a recognized university augmented by Master’s degree in Finance, Economic, and Real Estate
- CFA Qualifications are an added advantage
- 10 years’ work experience in a leading consulting firm, investment company or investment bank with proven experience in managing people, programs and processes as well as a strong proficiency in Fixed Income and equity investments
- Thorough understanding of Investment Management & Strategy, Financial Analysis, Asset Selection and Allocation, Corporate finance, M&A and Portfolio Management
- Analytical & Entrepreneurial
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Friday, 8th June 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “GROUP HEAD OF INVESTMENTS”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.