Our client is a privately-owned Investment Company with diversified holdings across real estate, agri-business, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, financial services, fixed income and quoted equity.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Senior Compliance Officer
Reporting to the Group Compliance Manager, the Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and updating the company’s policies and procedures as well as ensuring the company’s compliance with statutory regulations.
The role will also entail conducting employee training with respect to the compliance program.
- Reviewing, maintaining, and updating the company’s statutory returns except financial returns
- Developing, maintaining, reviewing and updating the company’s compliance policies and procedures
- Conducting employee training with respect to the compliance program
- Conducting risk assessments and recommending risk mitigation techniques and controls
- Coordinating external statutory audits and follow up to ensure all recommendations are implemented on a timely basis
- Managing the company’s certification processes to ensure that all certification requirements are adhered to and certifications maintained
- Maintaining a database of all licenses and contracts and ensuring timely renewal of both
- Reviewing all contracts prior to execution and ensuring that all SLAs are met.
- Maintaining the required compliance and corporate files as mandated by the standards and other applicable regulators.
- Overseeing the day- to- day administration of the company’s code of ethics
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and third-party examiners
- Managing the insurance docket of the company
- Carrying out compliance audits under the guidance of the Group Compliance Manager
- Managing the whistleblower programme
- Initiating and implementing the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification programme
- Initiating and managing special projects as necessary
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or any relevant field preferably augmented with an MBA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a compliance function
- Must possess Training in ISO 9001:2015
- Ability to analyse situations for compliance and business risk, and implement solutions to address and mitigate such risk
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral skills
- Possess a high moral character and professional integrity.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- High level of integrity
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 7th June 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “Senior Compliance Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.