Our client in the IT industry is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, s/he will provide leadership in developing management strategies and systems for achievement of all operations objectives.
The Manager will oversee the business operations to ensure all project objectives and deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Planning & Management
- Project planning: develop specific timelines for projects to deliver an accurate budget.
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to self and project team towards achievement of objectives.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, scope of work and coordinating project reporting.
- Review deliverables prepared by team, conduct quality control and analysis before passing to client.
- Document all project workflows and deliverables for easier follow up, coordination, maintenance and support.
- Design, develop and implement sound programmatic solutions to clients with no supervision.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and installation problems.
- Resolve and /or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effectively apply company methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Identify and minimizes exposure and risk on project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, updated, and stored appropriately.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manage project budget.
- Ensure customer documents i.e. completion certificates, job card, delivery notes are all issued & signed by project completion.
2. IT Products/Services Management
- Provide network access to all staff
- Make recommendations to management on the purchase of technology resources
- Monitor security of all technology in use
- Ensure that the computers, FingertTec Scanners, Cameras and their softwares are at all times well configured and in good working condition.
- Provide assistance in project implementation and system deployment
- Technical support to end-users
- Liaison with vendors and services providers
- Engage in practical research and initiate ideas that promote system availability & performance
- Take ownership and responsibility of all technical, planning, operational and security issues concerning the LAN and systems
- Assess the quality and reliability of existing hardware, software, operating systems and network components that comprise the LAN, and make recommendations for upgrade or replacement where necessary on routine basis
- Ensure that the electronic mail capabilities of the server are operational at peak performance at all times.
3. Team Leadership and Management
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Undertake annual staff performance reviews;
- Ensure that procedures are properly documented.
- Ensure that time attendance and execution of duties is at optimum in the department
- Ensure that staff leave is well managed and allocated
- Facilitate project teams and client meetings effectively
- Hold regular status meetings with project team
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to management
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- University degree in the field of Business Management or Information Technology
- Certifications in Project Management.
- MCSE, CCNA, CISCO, CITRIX certifications preferred.
- Seven (7) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants to submit their application including an updated CV, indicating their current and expected salary to email@example.com by latest 18th May 2018.
Ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.