Our client, a could services company with an extensive infrastructure in servers, storage and network capacity, is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility in providing the company with Systems Administration support.
Job Profile: The Infrastructure Engineer will would have some experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies whose main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
- Provide on-going support of the existing cloud infrastructure
- Ensure that infrastructure systems are available, operational (24×7).
- Being able to respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure platform uptime is maintained
- Participate in a schedule of on-call rotation (after working hours)
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting, automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced configuration management systems, for example Chef, Puppet
- Work in coordination with other internal teams to ensure the infrastructure fully and effectively supports current and planned application systems.
- To ensure you are a prime candidate for this opportunity it is essential that you have
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline.
- Relevant training or experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows)
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure, experience building high availability infrastructure
- An understanding on Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH,)
- A degree of knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure
- Experience with Databases (MS SQL, MYSQL, etc) is good to have, but not a must for this position.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms (KVM, Citrix, VMware) is desirable
- Experience with programming/scripting languages is desirable
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills is a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team oriented environment.
- Customer oriented skills
Compensation: A competitive compensation will be negotiated with the right candidate, commensurate with experience and skills.
Location: The role holder will be based in Kilimani, Nairobi
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 23rd May 2018
Correspondence: Applications to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.