Request for Expression of Interest: Evaluation Expert/s to Design and Conduct an End-line Evaluation for the HIV and Harm Reduction in Eastern Africa Regional Project
Background: KANCO under a regional consortium of organizations successfully put through a concept note and was awarded by the Global Fund a Regional Grant to implement HIV and Harm reduction interventions in eight countries.
The regional project is named as the “HIV and Harm Reduction in Eastern Africa Regional Project”, and is being implemented in the following countries; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (Mainland), and United Republic of Tanzania (Zanzibar).
The goal of the overall project is to increase access to essential HIV and harm reduction services for people who inject drugs in Eastern Africa.
There are three linked overall objectives:
1. Creating an enabling environment to conduct harm reduction activities in Eastern Africa;
2. Strengthening of community systems for a sustained HIV response among people who inject drugs in eastern Africa; and
3. Generating and utilizing strategic information on drug use related interventions in the region.
Requirements for Expression of Interest
KANCO is seeking to recruit evaluation expert/s to design and conduct the end-line evaluation as per the ToRs provided.
The key areas of expertise required are:
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, medicine or public health, with specialized training in evaluation and project/program management;
- At least 5 years of international experience in designing and managing program/project evaluations including in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention and care services for most-at-risk groups (injecting drug users, inmates, sex workers);
- Proven experience in conducting independent evaluations of HIV prevention projects/programmes; experience in evaluating HIV prevention projects targeting IDUs is an asset.
- Familiarity with HIV/AIDS epidemics and substance abuse in the Eastern Africa region;
- Knowledge of the UN guiding principles/recommendations on HIV/AIDS prevention and care among injecting drug users and in prison settings, policies and guidelines;
- Personal skills: good communication, analytical and drafting skills, sensitive to Key populations as well as People Living with HIV;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French language is an asset.
How to Apply
Please CLICK HERE to review and respond to the detailed ToRs and send the following, not later than the close of business of June 5, 2018 (documents received after this deadline will not be reviewed):
- Submit NOT more than 10 pages technical proposal with detailed statement of the proposed evaluation methods based on the ToRs provided. Please also include the CV (s) of Expert/s.
- One example of an Evaluation report from the most recent evaluation exercise undertaken.
- Separate financial proposal
All applications and proposals will be assessed in relation to the combination of: demonstrated experience and expertise; quality; and cost.
For hand/mail delivery address:
The Executive Director
Regent Management, Agwings Kodhek Rd
Opposite Nairobi Women Hospital, Hurlingham
Tel +254 020 2717664
Fax +254 020 2714837
For email applications send to: email@example.com
NB: On the envelope or email subject line please indicate: EVALUATION EXPERT/S FOR CONDUCTING ENDLINE EVALUATION FOR THE HIV AND HARM REDUCTION REGIONAL PROJECT IN EASTERN AFRICA