Kenya Medical Research Institute
KEMRI – CCR PHRD (Thika) Clinical Trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following position:
Vacant Position: HR Project Officer
Job Ref: M/R 9
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Job Purpose: The HR Project officer will be responsible for coordinating HR functions which include recruitment, performance management, training and development and employee welfare.
- Interpreting and implementing human resource policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Providing guidance in matters related to human resource planning, recruitment, selection, placement, induction, appointments, promotions and confirmation of staff;
- Compensation and benefits management;
- Coordinating performance management and staff welfare;
- Overseeing maintenance of staff records;
- Determining HR requirements and career planning;
- Identifying training needs among the staff and recommending suitable training programmes;
- Overseeing payroll administration and management of staff medical insurance;
- Advising on Succession Management and Human Resource Planning;
- Provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resource and work related issues;
- Handling employee relations and disciplinary cases;
- Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions;
- Coordinating project tasks with other stakeholders, facilitating or leading aspects of implementation;
- Coordinating and participating in cross-functional activities as required;
- Support planning and implementation of change management strategies;
- Research HR topics, develop options and recommend solutions, draft and/ or policies as required;
- Staff Leave and Time Management;
- HR Planning and budgeting;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other qualification from a recognized university/institution with at least five (5) years’ experience;
- Must be a registered member of IHRM with a valid practicing license;
Skills and Competencies
- A high degree of integrity, responsibility and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial skills, conversant with labour laws and regulations;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, communications skills
- Must be a team player and motivator
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written including the ability to conceptualize issues, develop options, write and present reports to a high standard for various audiences;
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
How to Apply:
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
d) Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
e) Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
f) Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
g) Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 10th June 2018.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.