The KEMRI / University of Washington Study
The KEMRI / UW Research Collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children living in Kenya. Specifically our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions.
We are looking for motivated, committed, and honest staff members to join our team.
Job Group MR/7
Location: Kisii and Homabay Counties
Job Description: The Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for collecting, preparing, shipping, and tracking of all laboratory specimens. Additionally, this person will be responsible for monitoring versions of all study documents, maintaining an inventory of study-related supplies and documents, and working with Nairobi-based staff to obtain supplies and up to date study-related materials.
The Laboratory Technologist will also assist with miscellaneous KEMRI/UW study activities including data entry, data query response, attend trainings, weekly reporting, on this and other related studies.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologist Board
- Three years of working experience as a laboratory technologist
- Demonstrated competency in standard specimen processing
- Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Must be able to work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability, and integrity
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in nasopharyngeal and stool sample collection, preservation, storage and shipment
- Phlebotomy experience
- Research experience
Terms of Employment: One year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete our online application form and then send an application with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 7th June, 2018 at 4.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.